This is the perfect recipe to get 'stuffed' with healthy veggies and Protein, without feeling like you're still hungry afterwards.
Acorn Squash is High in Vitamin C and Potassium. It can reduce your Cancer risk, high in antioxidants, as well as being great for your skin.
2 Acorn Squash
1lb English style Pork sausage(or Ground Chicken)
4 tbls Coconut oil
4 oz Mushrooms chopped
1 Zucchini chopped
1/2 Yellow Onion chopped
2 Celery sticks chopped
4 cloves Garlic finely chopped
1 medium sized Apple
1 tsp Fennel seeds
2 tsp sage
1 tsp Marjoram
1/4 cup fresh Parsley
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Black pepper
1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 cup Chicken Stock
1.Pre Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice the Squash in to halves and scoop out the seeds and brush inside and exposed halves with oil
3. Sauté the onion & Celery in 2 Tbls Oil until soft on Medium heat 3-4 mins
4. Add the garlic for 1 min, then add the meat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes.
5. Add Apple, fennel, sage, marjoram, salt, pepper and cook 4-5 minutes
6. Add Chicken stock, bring to a boil and then let simmer uncovered for 5 mins
7. Turn off the heat and stir in the eggs and parsley. Stuff the squash halves with your mixture and brush the top with the remaining oil.
Cook for 30-35 minutes or until the squash is fork tender.